Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs

I haven't been home in a while, so I went grocery shopping today. I've decided that I wanted to do keto the cheapest way possible. We're saving up for Africa, so I want to eat out less. Today I made meatballs over roasted spaghetti squash. They turned out amazing. I wish I'd taken a picture, but here's the recipe:

1lb ground turkey
1/2 tbsp fresh sage
1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
ground pepper
a few shakes of grated parm cheese
1 egg

Mash the ingredients and make little meatballs. Pan fry them in olive oil, rotating them to cook them as evenly as you can.

I usually find a lower carb jar of sauce. Silver Palate is a good one with like 3-4g. I ended up using Classico Red Pepper today though. The spaghetti squash you split in half, brush with olive oil, and cook facedown for 45 mins at 375.


I made this with some of the ingredients I bought today. The turkey and rosemary I already had. I grabbed this all at Jons:
20 eggs  $2.50
Flowering purple kale $1.50
Eggplant $.80
Mini Sweet Peppers $1
Spaghetti Squash $1.80
Tuna $1
Classico Red Pepper Pasta Sauce $3.70
2lbs carrots $1
Sage $.70

$13 spent there.

Then I went to Ralphs. I lost the receipt so I'll just try to remember.
Low Carb Burrito Tortillas (Tortilla Factory) $4
8oz Shredded Mexican Cheese $2
Chorizo $1.50
Breakfast Sausage $1.50
Diet Coke with Lime $5

$14 at Ralphs. Not bad. $27 total.




No comments:

Post a Comment