Thursday, January 17, 2013

Brussel Sprout Snack


Ingredients:
  • Frozen Brussel Sprouts
  • Olive Oil
  • Lemon
  • Sea Salt
Set oven to 400°F

Set a piece of foil down on a cookie sheet, and spread some oil around. This'll keep your sprouts from sticking to the foil. Add a couple drops of lemon, and mix it around. Add your veggies (you can really roast any veggie this way). Sprinkle with salt and roast for 30 minutes.

--

I resumed keto last Monday. Weight gain damage from holidays and international travel was only 10lbs, but my goal is to lose about 20. This past week I've been eating out a lot; a few protein style burgers, a riceless lobster sushiburrito (Thanks Jogasaki), and a fish soup at Daichan. I also made a huge pan of eggplant lasagna.

Today I've felt pretty terrible all day, so I didn't really make lunch. I snacked on some cheese and walnuts, but by 4:30 I was famished and cranky. Enter frozen brussel sprouts.

I always try to keep a variety of frozen foods around, and it usually consists of spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, chopped onions, and minced garlic. They're all fairly common ingredients in low carb recipes, and can be added to pad out a meal or make it a bit more interesting.

Roasted brussel sprouts is probably one of my favorite snacks. Something special happens when you char a vegetable and it makes my stomach smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment